TPI 2 Project Committee Overview
The TPI 2 Project Committee (PC) is currently developing a new standard which is building on the TPI 2-2002 standard (released as a non-mandatory Appendix-E to ANSI/TPI 1-2007) to reflect the current advances made within the industry.
TPI 2 PC Scope
The standard will provide procedures for testing & evaluating wood trusses designed & fabricated with metal connector plates. Destructive load tests of full scale trusses in accordance with these procedures provide a means of demonstrating that minimum adequate performance is obtainable from specific metal connector plates, various lumber types and grades, a particular truss design, particular fabrication procedures, etc..
Additional TPI 2 PC scope clarification/project information:
- To provide procedures for testing and evaluating individual wood trusses designed and manufactured with metal connector plates.
- To provide test procedures for full scale individual truss testing and small scale truss segment testing to improve upon the metal plate connected wood truss design methodology.
- Areas to be included are:
- Validation testing
- Testing designs not in conformance with TPI 1
- Special Loading/Research/Lawsuit testing.
The PC operates in accordance with the TPI Project Committee Method to Achieve Consensus (PCMAC).
The TPI 2 Project Committee is currently active at developing a draft document based on comments received from the most recent Public Review and TPI 2 PC Ballot. An additional Public Review draft is anticipated (date to be determined) and will be announced once available.