Third Party Quality Assurance Inspection Program
The Truss Plate Institute (TPI) offers an in-plant Quality Assurance Program (QAP) that is nationally accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS) as a Type A (Third-Party) Inspection Body (Agency # AA-648). TPI's third party in-plant Quality Assurance Program helpsmanufacturers meet certain quality assurance criteria contained in model building codes and/or design specifications. TPI'sin-plant Quality Assurance Program is open to all wood truss and cold-formed steel truss manufactures. TPI also provides additional in-plant inspection/audit services for wall panel manufactures and in-plant safety inspections/audits.
Program Benefits & Services
- Simple to implement
- Economical/multi-plant discounts
- Meets building code requirements
- Enhances your quality image & market potential
- Can lead to improved efficiencies
- Regular visits & audit reports (4 per year)
- Use of the nationally recognized TPI Mark
- Certification letter on request
- A listing on the website
- Discounts on publications
- On-going phone support
TPI's accredited third party Quality Assurance Program (QAP) includes an initial audit and up to 4 visits/year by TPI agents to review, audit, and inspect your in-plant Quality Control program. Multi-plant discounts are available as outlined below.
- Single Plant Participation: $325 billed quarterly ($1,300 per year).
- Multiple Plant Participation: $325 billed quarterly for the primary plant location and $285 billed quarterly for additional plant locations ($1,300 & $1,140 per year respectively).
Whether you need assistance with basic quality assurance or are looking for a more in-depth quality assurance program, we can help. Our staff & agents have the knowledge & the experience to know what really matters. Let an informed, independent partner dedicated to the truss industry help with your company's quality control & quality assurance needs!